Friday, August 12, 2016

Hope Solo Calls Swedish Soccer Team 'Cowards' After U.S. Loses in Rio, Mia Hamm 'Gutted'.


The U.S. women's soccer team has spoken after suffering a shocking loss to Sweden in the quarterfinals at the Rio Olympics, the earliest exit for America's national team in any major tournament and they're not happy.
Goalkeeper Hope Solo was the first to comment on her team's devastating elimination, calling the Swedish team "a bunch of cowards," and insisting "the best team did not win."

 "I thought that we played a courageous game. I thought we had many opportunities on goal. I think we showed a lot of heart. We came back from a goal down. I'm very proud of this team," Solo said after the game via sports writer Grant Wahl. "But I also think we played a bunch of cowards."

 "Sweden dropped off. They didn't want to open play. They didn't want to pass the ball. They didn't want to play great soccer," she continued. "I don't think they're going to make it far in the tournament. I think it was very cowardly. But they won. They're moving on, and we're going home."
"The best team did not win today," she added. "I strongly believe that. I think you saw American heart. You saw us give everything we had today."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

VIDEO: Kiss Daniel – Sofa